Juicy sweet cherry tomatoes burst open in warm olive oil, creating a luxuriously silky sauce that comes together in minutes.
- YIELD: 4–6 servings
- ACTIVE TIME: 15 minutes
- TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
- 1 pound pasta
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Freshly grated Parmesan (for serving)
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12″ skillet or wide heavy saucepan over medium-high. Add garlic, then tomatoes, pepper, sugar, and 1 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until tomatoes burst and release their juices to form a sauce, 6–8 minutes.
- Toss pasta with tomato sauce and basil. Top with Parmesan.
Source from: Author, Anna Stockwell, https://www.epicurious.com/